Building on Windows from scratch - guile problem SOLVED

Gary Bilkus mail at gary.bilkus.com
Thu Jan 16 07:14:49 EST 2014

On 16/01/2014 11:43, Geert Janssens wrote:
> On Thursday 16 January 2014 11:10:30 Geert Janssens wrote:
>> Gary,
>>
>> Thanks for all your updates. Today I found some time to check which of
>> your fixes I should still add to my windows branch, but got lost in
>> your patch. It looks like you are generating a patch to be applied to
>> the current trunk branch, including all the separate commits from my
>> branch. Unfortunately that makes it hard if not impossible to see
>> only the changes needed on my branch.
>>
>> It's not the intention to apply such a large patch one day to current
>> trunk. Instead my branch will be merged in eventually (likely after
>> the 2.6 branch is generated and certainly not before the dist part
>> and build server scripts are also fixed).
>>
>> So can you extract only the changes that still need to be applied to
>> my branch please ? Ideally split up in small patches per topic (fix
>> -no-undefined, fix guile's str_ncase_comp, ...). That way we generate
>> clean and readable history in the repository.
>> You may want to set up your own clone of the git repository [1] as git
>> can be very helpful in generating such patches.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Geert
>>
>> [1] http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Git#Non-Committers
> Also note that I have rebased the mingw-rebasing branch again in my repository to pick up
> the most recent version of aqbanking and gwenview. I haven't had the opportunity yet to
> check if these versions build in the new mingw environment.
>
> Geert
So just to make sure I understand exactly what you need.

1. I should get the gnucash.git repository from
git://github.com:gjanssens/gnucash.git
2. I should git branch -t mingw origin/mingw-rebasing and check out that
branch
3. I should appy my patches to that branch - ignoring any which are
already there
4. I should run git diff to get a series of patches against the branch
in the repository
5. I should split the resulting diff into different files relating to
the different fixes
6. I should post the result somewhere and tell you where it is

Gary