Anyone able to provide a Mac OS X build of GNC with the DBI backends?

Marcus Prebble m.prebble at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 16:25:31 EST 2014

Hi all,

I have recently migrated all my gnc data to a MySQL database on my server. The main reason behind this is I have an embedded device which I want to be access (read-only) the transaction data. Originally I began with SQLite3 which turned out has locking issues over the network so I migrated to MySQL which seems to work well. My primary PC is my linux machine for which I built GNC from source with the MySQL backend.
However, I also have two Macbooks running Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion respectively, neither of which have development toolchains installed. As these have small SSDs I am not really wanting to install the whole xcode suite if not needed.

I wonder if one of the maintainers of the mac port might be able to (please) build a .dmg with the MySQL backend compiled in (either 2.4 or 2.6 is fine) and post it on the home page?

Many thanks in advance,

Marcus Prebble
Sweden