building from svn

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Fri Jan 24 19:02:52 EST 2014

Hi,

On Fri, January 24, 2014 6:03 pm, alessandro basili wrote:

> I presume that what Derek suggested should supply the necessary
> packages in order to build it from source. Main issue is that on
> Debian/Squeeze I have gnucash 2.2.9 and the 'build-dep' does not cover
> the dependencies on glib and the like (tried and failed).
>
>> Alessandro, it doesn't demonstrate anything. In general you get
>> that error because you have only the libraries installed and not
>> the headers. Most distros, Debian included, separate the headers
>> and package config files into a different package ending in -dev
>> or -devel. You need those packages.
>
> It seems I have also gliblib2.0-dev installed but it does not help...

If your system is so old that it only supplies 2.2.9 then it is probably
so old that it does not provide the necessary dependencies to build 2.6.

You will need to upgrade your system.

In the interim you can *TRY* building the 2.4 branch, but I suspect you
wont be able to build 2.6.

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745