Default account structure for different locales

Ngewi Fet ngewif at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 10:31:46 EST 2014

Thanks for that clarification John.
Intuitively I expected the GUIDs to be generated each time. But once I
tried to import two files from different locales (and different machines)
and had the GUIDs all coincide.
That surprised me and got me wondering if GnuCash hardcodes the GUIDs
somehow (which I don't think makes sense). But good to know that it's
generated each time.

The GUIDs are not too critical for me though, (QIF doesn't use them the
GnuCash desktop doesn't check them for OFX). It was more of a
future-proofing thing.

However I cannot use the XEA files because they do not have any XML
namespaces declared in them. Also, although I noticed the similarity, I
don't know what else could be
different between an XEA file and an exported account structure file.

If the only difference is the lack of XML namespaces and the "new" instead
of "guid" attribute, then I can change all that myself and use the files
as-is.
Can you confirm that this is the case?

Cheers,