Default account structure for different locales

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 30 11:16:21 EST 2014

Ngewi Fet <ngewif at gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for that clarification John.
> Intuitively I expected the GUIDs to be generated each time. But once I tried
> to import two files from different locales (and different machines) and had
> the GUIDs all coincide.
> That surprised me and got me wondering if GnuCash hardcodes the GUIDs somehow
> (which I don't think makes sense). But good to know that it's generated each
> time.

That is surprising.  It is possible that some of the translated versions
have 'type="guid"' instead of 'type="new"'.  And indeed a quick grep
shows this is the case.  E.g.:

grep 'act:id' accounts/de_DE/*-xea | grep -v 'type="new"

We should fix that, and all the others.