-Wno-deprecated-register with Clang

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Tue Jul 1 23:14:35 EDT 2014

I just tried to compile GnuCash with clang and it failed because of the
change in 4aed8b3 to not set -Wno-deprecated-register with clang.  The
version of clang in Mavericks (MacOSX 10.9) certainly recognizes this
parameter and won't compile GnuCash without it.  Which version of clang
were you using which failed to recognize it?  I'm using "Apple LLVM
version 5.1 (clang-503.0.40) (based on LLVM 3.4svn)".

Has anyone built GnuCash successfully with clang?  Even after I fixed
that problem, I got lots of link errors that looked like a mismatched
C++ library.  I haven't looked into this much yet, but it's probably
because Mavericks replaced libstdc++ with libc++.  Since gcc works fine
for me, it's not a high priority to fix this.

             Mike