Trying to build gnucash on Mac 2.9.2 using jhbuild: help?

Jeff Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Wed Mar 5 11:47:05 EST 2014

John,

I modified ~/gtk/source/webkit-1.6.1/GNUmakefile.am like so:

bash-3.2$ diff -c GNUmakefile.am.orig GNUmakefile.am
*** GNUmakefile.am.orig    2014-03-05 09:45:45.000000000 -0500
--- GNUmakefile.am    2014-03-05 09:46:17.000000000 -0500
***************
*** 118,124 ****

  global_cxxflags += \
!     -fno-rtti

  # -no-undefined required for building DLLs on Windows
  # It breaks the build on other platforms, so we use it conditionally
--- 118,124 ----

  global_cxxflags += \
!     -fno-rtti -stdlib=libstdc++

  # -no-undefined required for building DLLs on Windows
  # It breaks the build on other platforms, so we use it conditionally

and then "jhbuild build" successfully completed, giving me a gnucash 2.6.2
executable that I could start from the terminal window.  Success!
Thank you.

Jeff A. Earickson, Ph.D
Senior Server System Administrator
Colby College,