Python bindings: Account.getName() raises TypeError

Felix Schwarz felix.schwarz at oss.schwarz.eu
Sun Mar 16 18:04:59 EDT 2014

Am 16.03.2014 21:55, schrieb David Osguthorpe:
> this is one solution - which relates to the change between 2.4/2.6
> and get_children()
>
>     for child in original_parent_account.get_children():
>         #original_account = Account(instance=child)
>         original_account = child
>
> but then theres another error

Actually your change resolves the problem for me :-)

On a second run I get 'ERR_FILEIO_BACKUP_ERROR' because the target backup file
already exists but that seems to be trivial to work around.

Well, I guess I'll start updating all my scripts with the above change.

However it might be that there is a second bug as the swig definition is
displayed differently from gnucash's definiton when it comes to "const Account
*account" vs. 'Account const *'.

Felix