build gnucash-git woes with Mac OS, Xcode 5.1

Jeff Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Mon Mar 17 17:46:55 EDT 2014

John,

Bad news...  This is an XCode/gcc/lang feature/bug with guile.  I'll bet if
you clean and rebuild your guile directory with 5.1 that it will choke
(save a copy first).

I removed Xcode 5.1 (using AppZapper) and reinstalled 5.0.2.  Then I fired
up "jhbuild build" and guile flew past its previous hang point, happy as
clam.  The info for Xcode 5.1 is:

Configured with: --prefix=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr
--with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.2.1
Apple LLVM version 5.1 (clang-503.0.38) (based on LLVM 3.4svn)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin13.1.0
Thread model: posix

The info for Xcode 5.0.2 is:

Configured with: --prefix=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr
--with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.2.1
Apple LLVM version 5.0 (clang-500.2.79) (based on LLVM 3.3svn)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin13.1.0
Thread model: posix

I'm going to do a jhbuild clean and recompile everything tonight so that I
am using the same compiler version throughout.

Jeff A. Earickson, Ph.D
Senior Server System Administrator
Colby College,
4214 Mayflower Hill,