Using a Networked Drive with Ubuntu for GnuCash Data

Rik Hess rikhess at usa.net
Thu Mar 27 14:42:17 EDT 2014

   I am in the process of trying to move from an XP environment to Ubuntu
   and I am having trouble with GnuCash.
   I use a home network and I store all my data on a network drive so it
   is available for all my devices.
   GnuCash works great with the network drive in XP. The network device
   folder is mapped as a drive letter.
   When I try to start GnuCash in Ubuntu, it appears my only option for
   storing my Gnu Data is on the local PC.
   I am a complete noob, so if I'm missing something please point me in
   the right direction.
   Thank you.