"private-kvp" merge reverted other changes since November.

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Wed May 7 16:22:27 EDT 2014

--On May 7, 2014 6:41:03 PM +0200 Geert Janssens
<janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:

> On Tuesday 06 May 2014 18:16:51 Mike Alexander wrote:
>> Just to pick another random example, the merge also removed a call to
>> qof_instance_set_dirty in gnc_template_register_save_xfrm_cell which
>> is in register/ledger-core/split-register-model-save.c.  This call
>> was added in 613ba0d on December 7.  This is only one of a number of
>> changes I noticed.
> I think that is actually correct. From how I understand John's work
> qof_instance_set takes care of properly dirtying the kvp. If I'm
> mistaken here then there are many places in the new code that no
> longer  mark kvp's as dirty.

Perhaps it is a desired change, but then it should have been on the
private-kvp branch.  Instead it was introduced as a side effect of the
merge back to master.  Even if the call to qof_instance_set_dirty is
not needed after the private-kvp changes, it won't hurt anything.  If
it is to be removed it should be removed explicitly, not as a side
effect of the merge.

                Mike