Make check files with python bindings.

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.co.uk
Fri May 16 12:24:35 EDT 2014

make  check-TESTS
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/mikee/Projects/gnucash/build/src/optional/python-bindings/tests'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./runTests.py", line 8, in <module>
    from test import
ImportError: cannot import name test_support
FAIL: runTests.py
1 of 1 test failed
Please report to gnucash-devel at gnucash.org
make[1]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mikee/Projects/gnucash/build/src/optional/python-bindings/tests'
make: *** [check-am] Error 2

This is on Fedora18.  There is no module test_support.  Modifying runTests.py.in as below fixes the test.
############
#!/usr/bin/python

import unittest
import os

os.environ["GNC_UNINSTALLED"] = "1"

#from test import test_support

from test_book import TestBook
from test_account import TestAccount
from test_split import TestSplit
from test_transaction import TestTransaction
from test_business import TestBusiness

def test_main():
    #test_support.run_unittest(TestBook, TestAccount, TestSplit, TestTransaction, TestBusiness)
    unittest.main()

if __name__ == '__main__':
    test_main()

This is vaguely related to bug 730255.  Adding a test for that bug causes the test to fail again. (As it should).

Just wondering if I've understood the test system before I commit and push this.

Mike Evans

--
Anti NSA?  Use PGP.
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x00CDB13500D7AB53