Make check files with python bindings.

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri May 16 14:38:59 EDT 2014

On May 16, 2014, at 9:24 AM, Mike Evans <mikee at saxicola.co.uk> wrote:

> make  check-TESTS
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/mikee/Projects/gnucash/build/src/optional/python-bindings/tests'
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "./runTests.py", line 8, in <module>
>    from test import
> ImportError: cannot import name test_support
> FAIL: runTests.py
> 1 of 1 test failed
> Please report to gnucash-devel at gnucash.org
> make[1]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mikee/Projects/gnucash/build/src/optional/python-bindings/tests'
> make: *** [check-am] Error 2
>

> This is on Fedora18.  There is no module test_support.  Modifying runTests.py.in as below fixes the test.
> ############
> #!/usr/bin/python
>
> import unittest
> import os
>
> os.environ["GNC_UNINSTALLED"] = "1"
>
> #from test import test_support
>
> from test_book import TestBook
> from test_account import TestAccount
> from test_split import TestSplit
> from test_transaction import TestTransaction
> from test_business import TestBusiness
>
> def test_main():
>    #test_support.run_unittest(TestBook, TestAccount, TestSplit, TestTransaction, TestBusiness)
>    unittest.main()
>
> if __name__ == '__main__':
>    test_main()
> ###############
>
> This is vaguely related to bug 730255.  Adding a test for that bug causes the test to fail again. (As it should).
>
> Just wondering if I've understood the test system before I commit and push this.

Just a guess: You’re using Python3, where the test_support module has been renamed “support”.

If so, it should be:
import sys

if sys.version_info[0] < 3:
  from test import test_support
else:
  from test import support as test_support

And uncomment the line test_support.run_unittest…

Regards,
John Ralls