Geting GnuCash to Recognise Localised tax report for UK

Herbert Thoma herbert.thoma at iis.fraunhofer.de
Thu May 22 10:26:21 EDT 2014

Am 22.05.2014 16:11, schrieb Derek Atkins:
> Clint Redwood <clint at screwtape.co.uk> writes:
>
>> Hi Derek,
>>
>> Good point - but what would your localisation setup be in that case? Ideally
>> you'd want en_DE, which I presume doesn't usually exist?
>
> I have no idea what locale I would want.  Most likely I'd have to use
> en_UK because, as you suggest, en_DE probably doesn't exist.  (I haven't
> actually tested that to be sure, but I would suspect it doesn't exist).

Well, that would get you British Pound as default currency. May be you
would want en_IE. Then you would get the EURO, as this is the currency in
Ireland.

But John already proposed a better solution: LANG=en_US and LC_MONETARY=de_DE

Could it be possible that one has to do tax declarations for multiple
countries? If you move? May be then the tax report should not be coupled
to a locale at all? Or only the default selection but reports for other
countries are somehow available?

  Herbert.