Geting GnuCash to Recognise Localised tax report for UK

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu May 22 10:11:57 EDT 2014

Clint Redwood <clint at screwtape.co.uk> writes:

> Hi Derek,
>
> Good point - but what would your localisation setup be in that case? Ideally
> you'd want en_DE, which I presume doesn't usually exist?

I have no idea what locale I would want.  Most likely I'd have to use
en_UK because, as you suggest, en_DE probably doesn't exist.  (I haven't
actually tested that to be sure, but I would suspect it doesn't exist).

> You could set the tax jurisdition as a separate core option, or I guess you
> could base it on the default report currency for the instance.
>
> This is sufficiently important for me to try and figure out and fix in the
> next few months, since I really can't be bothered doing all my tax returns
> manually every year.

I'm sure people on this list would be happy to be a sounding board for you.