Change Customer Address failing

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Nov 15 12:45:53 EST 2014

> On Nov 15, 2014, at 7:32 AM, Christoph Holtermann <c.holtermann at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> some time ago I found that changes to customer data in the GUI are not being
> saved. When working on a company object i made qof_instance_set_dirty
> return a debug message. I found that when changing text in gncAddress
> this is not being triggered. When in the GUI I change the state of activity
> the object gets marked dirty (and the text is being saved, too). Same thing
> when using the python bindings.
>
> There I see that SetActive is a method of gncCustomer, while the other ones
> are of gncAddress.
> I guess I shouldn't copy this behavior to my company object.
>
> Is this bug known ?
>
> I'll try to find out where it lives.

Customer address or Company address? I know that the Company data is written directly to KVP in Scheme and that I missed it when I went through all of the C KVP code last year to make sure that the containing object of KVP was properly marked and committed. If customer addresses are also getting missed, that's new.

You're using the SQL backend, right? I ask because saving an XML file copies everything in memory to a new file; that's why there were so many instances of writing data without committing it existed. It worked without committing in XML, so laziness was rewarded.

Regards,
John Ralls