GnuCash 2.6.4 in Debian

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sun Sep 28 12:54:29 EDT 2014

On Sunday 28 September 2014 18:49:26 Sébastien Villemot wrote:
> Le dimanche 28 septembre 2014 à 11:34 -0500, Tommy Trussell a écrit :
> > I just noticed GnuCash 2.6.4 has been uploaded to Debian Unstable,
> > but haven't seen a notice here or on the GnuCash.org web site for
> > the release of 2.6.4.
>
> I indeed uploaded to Debian the 2.6.4 tarball that is available at:
>
>  http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnucash/files/gnucash%20%28stable%
> 29/2.6.4/
>
> If I was so quick to notice it, it's because the release had been
> announced long in advance
> (http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Release_Schedule) and also because the
> Debian "Jessie" freeze is getting close and I did not want to miss the
> deadline.
>
> I guess the release announcement is currently being prepared.

Actually we're waiting for the Windows installer to get compiled. We
release on three platforms at once so all packages should be there
before we can push a release announcement.

The compilation of the installer appears to take a lot of time (I just
checked on the build server, it was still running). So we will have to
wait a little more still.

Geert