GnuCash 2.6.4 in Debian

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Sep 28 13:04:46 EDT 2014

On Sep 28, 2014, at 9:49 AM, Sébastien Villemot <sebastien at debian.org> wrote:

> Le dimanche 28 septembre 2014 à 11:34 -0500, Tommy Trussell a écrit :
>> I just noticed GnuCash 2.6.4 has been uploaded to Debian Unstable, but
>> haven't seen a notice here or on the GnuCash.org web site for the release
>> of 2.6.4.
>
> I indeed uploaded to Debian the 2.6.4 tarball that is available at:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnucash/files/gnucash%20%28stable%
> 29/2.6.4/
>
> If I was so quick to notice it, it's because the release had been
> announced long in advance
> (http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Release_Schedule) and also because the
> Debian "Jessie" freeze is getting close and I did not want to miss the
> deadline.
>
> I guess the release announcement is currently being prepared.

The release has not yet officially happened, it’s waiting on the Windows and Mac builds. Tagging the release and staging the tarballs has to happen the night before the release to set up for those builds. If you’ve already released the tarballs to Debian please pull them until after the announcement hits the lists. It’s quite possible that a problem with either of those builds will cause me to make changes to the tarballs which would make your Debian package mismatch the official release.

Regards,
John Ralls