Budgets Wiki Page

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Dec 31 19:47:05 EST 2015

> On Dec 31, 2015, at 3:15 PM, Matt Graham <matt_graham2001 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks John! Greatly appreciated. Unfortunately I don't have privileges to create new pages. This is weird, because when I read the MediaWiki 'help' section (something I should have done before initially posting... sorry...) it seems to indicate that all users should have the ability to edit pages.
>
> Tried the main ways in the manual under User help => Editing => starting a new page. An easier way than searching is to use the URL method!
>
> Further searches of the manual revealed nothing useful - My conclusion is that at some point permissions for creating pages have been removed from general users. Anyone on this list an administrator to be able to change it back?

Hmm. AFAICT from the user rights page and from Mediawiki help, create page is granted by being autoconfirmed, which requires that your ID has existed for a certain amount of time and that you've made a certain number of contributions. I haven't yet figured out what those numbers are.

Tell me the names of the pages you want to create and I'll create them for you.

Regards (and Happy New Year),
John Ralls