Suggested (and Requested) Feature

Neal Lithwick nlithwick at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 12 10:26:07 EST 2015

Hi

First let me say I just downloaded this program and really think it is well
done. I have been using an older program called Money Smith which works
great for me but it is old and as the newer O/S's come into play, it becomes
a little less functional, soon to be obsolete, I'm afraid. Also, I run both
Windows and Linux O/S's on two different systems and I use my Android
tablet. This program will run on all (well at least interfaces with the
Android version). Super!!

I would love to migrate over to this program but I have one problem (so
far). I need to have the ability to set a Starting Balance for the balance
sheet items as I am not starting anew but migrating over from Money Smith.
Since every transaction needs to be reconciled, I would have to go back 7
years and enter each transaction to get this to work (Money Smith does not
have a file format compatible with GnuCash migration requirements).

Any chance you might consider adding this feature to this program?

Neal

nlithwick at hotmail.com