I want to learn how to customize reports

David chrstdvd at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 15:20:53 EST 2015

UPDATE:
I was not having much luck running the examples in the Windows command
window running Guile as instructed.  This morning I found this web site and
followed the instructions:
http://www.everydaylinuxuser.com/2014/05/how-to-install-linux-mint-as-virtual.html

I now have Mint 17.1 running in a Virtual Box VM and it is great.  The
things I could not make work in the Windows environment work in Mint
terminal after type in guile.

I was able to type the Hello World Scheme in Text Editor and I saved it in
my Documents directory.  I could not figure out how to make the load
instruction work because I had no idea how to tell guile where it was.  I
remembered that I spent a few hours in a "get acquainted tutorial about
Mint" earlier and learned the pwd, ls and cd and a few other basic commands.
So I opened the editor and did the PWD and I was in /home/david.  I did a ls
and saw Documents, cd'd to there, ls'ed and there is my little hello.scm
file.

So I got guile going and typed in (load "/home/david/Documents/hello.scm")
AND it WORKED.  I closed it down and  added some lines of text to my
hello.scm and ran that.  It too worked.

I am done for this day.