What are our canonical git repository addresses?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Jan 3 18:39:54 EST 2015

> On Jan 3, 2015, at 1:35 PM, Christian Stimming <christian at cstimming.de> wrote:
>
> I just found out that I've accidentally pushed some gnucash-on-windows commit
> to the wrong remote repository, namely the github one instead of the one on
> gnucash.org. Subsequently, my change seems to be dropped the next time someone
> committed to gnucash.org.
>
> Now I wanted to check whether I'm really using the correct git repo addresses,
> both for read-only access and of course also for write access. However, I
> didn't find any place in the wiki that clearly lists the various repositories
> that exist. In particular, I didn't see any mention of the gnucash-on-windows
> repo in any wiki page. Did I miss this? Can please someone add a short
> directory of our actual upstream repos somewhere in the wiki? Thanks a lot.
>
> By the way, in case of gnucash-on-windows, how do we distinguish the windows
> build instructions for gnucash's "maint" and "master" branch? Or does the
> install-script work for both? This I can't quite believe, as maint and master
> have already diverged in the requirements and their versions as set in the
> file defaults.sh. But how is this handled? Thanks for some explanation here.

Christian,

All of the repos under Gnucash on github are mirrors of code. I've updated the Git wiki page as you requested. Unfortunately there's no easy way to tell Github not to accept commits from you without removing your "owner" privs.

The only dependency difference so far between master and maint is boost, and that's handled in the build script by checking $GNUCASH_SCM_REV.

Regards,
John Ralls