xea review / submission / where did they go ... process

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Jun 20 14:52:18 EDT 2015

> On Jun 20, 2015, at 11:13 AM, Wm <wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>

> I've got an xea (see gnucash-user, passim for recent discussion) for
> ===
> ucoa v3 unified chart of accounts -- or similar
> ===
> I'm also planning a set of reports supra to those accounts which I think will usefully extend gnc into compliant nonprofit organisations internationally
>
> ----------
>
> My questions at this time are about the presentation and acceptance of xea files.
>
> 1. the UK VAT (I'm in the UK) files seem to come and go, why is that?
>
> 2. the reason I ask is because I don't see the point of making the xea and a set of reports dependent on it if the xea is going to come and go.
>
> If there is a set of rules about the submission of an xea I'd like to know what they are en-clear as searching the archives suggests mystery.

Wm,

accounts/en_GB/uk-vat.gnucash-xea has been in the repository for a long time, so it shouldn’t be “coming and going”. Perhaps the packager for your distro isn’t consistent about including it?

I don’t know of any contribution rules specific to accounts, so I suppose that the usual patch guidance would apply.

Would you provide an en_GB acctchrt-ucoav3.gnucash-xea and ask others to provide translations and VAT/GST tables for other locales?

Regards,
John Ralls