sections out of order in wiki Documentation_Update_Instructions

Chris Good chris.good at ozemail.com.au
Sun Mar 1 02:29:01 EST 2015

Hi John,

I totally understand this is a work in progress, appreciate your efforts and
hope these suggestions will help.

I found a couple more things that could be improved:

1.       Many of the sections in Notes contradict the sections they are
supposed to refer to in
<http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Documentation_Update_Instructions#The_Document
ation_Change_Process_--_What_and_How_it_happens> 2 The Documentation Change
Process -- What and How it happens. I think it would be a lot easier to
follow if the Notes were moved into the
<http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Documentation_Update_Instructions#The_Document
ation_Change_Process_--_What_and_How_it_happens> 2 The Documentation Change
Process -- What and How it happens section so you don't have to jump back
and forth between them.

2.       1 section mentions creating patch by:

git format-patch master

which did nothing for me. I had to do as the other section says:

                                git format-patch HEAD^

I'm definitely a git newbie, but would it be worth adding:

                git format-patch -n

to create patches for last n commits (I think that would work from my
reading of man page).

(I guess there are so many ways to do commits it is hard to recommend one or
two which would enable newbie's to easily do what they need to do)

3.       Subversion and trunk are still mentioned.

Regards,

Chris Good