I need some guidance

David chrstdvd at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 08:09:03 EST 2015

Yawar, I guess it was pretty dumb of me to think I would be able to just jump
into a new OS environment and start changing things.  I tried following the
instructions on the link you provided.  Ha! I could not find the folder
.gnucash anywhere on my computer.  I even created one in the Terminal and
still could not find it.

So off to hunting for answers ik went.  I stumbled on a series of Viedos
about Linux. I am slowly working my way through them learning basics of the
OS.  Today, I finally learned about the ls -a -l command and found out that
the .filename was to hide files/folders.

Also, the man giving the lessons on YouTube, says that you have to type sudo
for almost any command and I am finding that this is basically true.

So, I will not being installing the file you provided until I have a basic
understanding of Linux.  What I should have done in the first place.

A few more days and I should be ready to follow your directions and get the
file installed in gnucash.