GnuCash Android v1.6.0 pre-beta

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon May 4 15:18:54 EDT 2015

> On May 4, 2015, at 11:51 AM, Wm <wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
> A senior may correct me but my understanding is that an SX references a previously existing transaction.
>
> What happens to the SX when the underlying TX is changed is, I think, not very clear.  You are, I suggest, being brave in presuming something gnc plain doesn't.

No, an SX contains its own template transactions. The debit and credit fields contain formulas that are parsed to create new regular transactions when the SX is run. If the template transaction is changed it affects only transactions created after the change; there’s no way for it to go back and change existing ones.

GnuCash can create a new SX from a regular transaction. In that case the debit and credit formulas are just the amounts from the source transaction, but the SX won’t refer to that source, it will make a template transaction from it.

Regards,
John Ralls