semantics of importer account_id

G. Paul Ziemba pz-gnucash-devel at ziemba.us
Wed Nov 4 09:12:12 EST 2015

I wrote:

>The gnucash aqbanking importer constructs an online_id/account_id
>as, roughly, bankcode + accountnumber.

>The ofx file importer uses the account_id provided by libofx, which
>uses various string components among the set {acctid, acctkey,
>brokerid, bankid, branchid} depending on the account type. Libofx
>also seems to provide functions to access these individual components.

I made an initial patch for gnucash-2.6.4 (also applies cleanly
to 2.6.9) to use separate per-importer namespaces for the online_id.
(At present, this amounts to an "aqbanking" namespace and an "ofx"
namespace).

This patch also removes my earlier hack at online_id compatibility
between namespaces, which is superseded by the new approach.

So far I have tested only lightly, to ensure that it creates a new
per-importer online_id entry for an account, and that it falls back
to using the single per-account online_id when attempting a match if
a per-importer match is not found. I will continue using it to see if
any other issues come up.

If anyone would like to review/comment on the code or try it out
(NO WARRANTY!  Back up your accounts file before using!), the patch
is available here:

http://enrico.users.sonic.net/patches/gnucash-2.6.4/patch-online-id-namespaces-01
--
G. Paul Ziemba