Completion of translation into Arabic language by 93% (GnuCash 2.6.9‎)

Karim Sameh ksameh at ritsol.com
Tue Nov 17 03:04:43 EST 2015

Dear John ,Benno and all others,

My name is Karim Sameh,I am the Managing director of a Middle East based
firm who has decided to co-operate with Mr. Abdulsalam ALShalash and donate
part of our efforts to our humble community by translating GnuCash.

First of all ,we understand that by any means this is opensource effort to
the community and their is no commercial benefit to us by posting this to
the community..We only desire the credit,and with that its not important as
long as the community benefits..

Now this translation has been done by a team of professional translators
that work for us that have prior experience with project with multinational
solutions. I cannot disclose the names,but FF500 companies they are..

I assure you that it has went the QA process as any other project we handle
,though it a non-commercial project.

Has been reviewed several time and has passed our QC by more than 95%,which
is the level of approval required for this human made effort..

Mr. Abdulrahman , the arabic team has been postponing this addition to the
project based on a magnitude of reasons one of them is that the translator
of this suffered lack of sleep (i am not very sure how to deducted this
conclusion) so it suffered quality and other utterly strange reasons and he
wants to postpone the project 7 months ?????????????????? Then he rejected
for the specific reason that a commercial entity has contributed this to
the community ????????

Though on exchanged emails with him ,he clearly admired the work done and
its professional level..an i quote him from the below Arabic paragraph
addressed to abdulsalam "i assure you my deep admiration of the
translation" , "I liked the translation,the program is highly ready for
use"

I guess that his enthusiasm has drifted him towards wanting to do this
project on his own,i understand that ,but part of this community is sharing
efforts and contributions not the opposite

I urge you to override this decision of his and/or have a 3rd party review
it . Kindly review the process of reviewing such contributions,i worry that
many suitable contributions were denied based on that approach. Our arabic
community suffers deep lack of material and content and its a pity that
this is because of poor co-ordination.

السلامُ عليكم

أَولًا بخصوص حقوق الملكيَّة، لقد بحثتُ في اﻷَمر بالفعل ووجدتُ أَنَ التنازل
عن حقوق الترجمة لصالح FSF غير ضروريّ، ولذا اِختفت الحاجة إِلى الاِتصال
بالأستاذ كريم

ثانيًا بخصوص المشكلة التي حدثت بيننا هُنا، أُ*وكِدُ لكَ إِعجابيَ الشديد
بالترجمة*، أَنا شخصيًا قضيت بعض الوقت أَتصفحُ البرنامج (سأَكونُ صريحًا، ليس
الكثير مِنْ الوقت بسبب اِنشغالي) *وأَعجبتني الترجمة، البرنامج جاهز
للاِستخدام بنسبة كبيرة*، ومصطلحات المُحاسبين جيدة، وبصفة عامة اِختيارك
"غنوكاش" هو اِختيارٌ جيد، إِذ أَخبرتُ benno منذ بضعة شهور أَني أَنوي العمل
على ترجمته عندما أَتفرَّغ، لا تظنَ أَني لستُ مُتحمسًا ﻹِطلاق البرنامج
بالعربيَّة.ي

Karim Sameh

RITSOL

P.O. Box 246015 ,Riyadh 11312,KSA

GD037,Technohub building,Dubai Silicon Oasis,Dubai,UAE

9A ALFurat st, Mohandeseen,Cairo,Egypt.

1216,182-21 150th Avenue, Springfield gardens,NY 11413,USA

911,Ar House Old Bath Road Colnbrook,Slough, Berkshire SL3 0NS ,UK

Tel:+966-114554836 x 7001

Tel:+966-536609597

Tel:+20-122-3386381 x 6001

Tel:+1-516-256-9117