Where to keep future release note snippets for our future 2.8 release ?

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Oct 10 15:26:09 EDT 2015

(Accidentally sent to gnucash-user, I'll repost here for proper follow-up)

I know this is early. We're not thinking about releasing master yet.

However, I just pushed a commit [1] that changes an option on the transaction report. As a
result saved reports/open reports may loose one option when users upgrade (if they had set
this particular option).

I believe this is information we should pass on to users that are considering an upgrade so they
know they have to check their saved/open reports afterwards.

First question would be: what's the best place to put this info so that most users will find it when
upgrading ?

My first guess would be the release announcement. I'm open for other/additional locations.

As we're still far away of the new release I worry we'll forget to add this to the release
announcement. So what can we come up with to remind us this has to be added when release
is due ?

Regards,

Geert

[1] https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/66902d24