gnucash maint: Correct the Stock, Bond, Market Index, and Mutual Fund account types.

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Sep 16 21:01:23 EDT 2015

> On Sep 16, 2015, at 8:44 AM, Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be> wrote:
>
> On Wednesday 16 September 2015 09:42:47 Derek Atkins wrote:
>> John,
>>
>> I'm not convinced this is the correct fix for this issue..  It's fine
>> to set up the brokerage account, but now it's creating subaccounts
>> that one would expect to be the Stock, Bond, Fund account but...
>> aren't.  :(
>>
>> -derek
>
> And if it's the proper solution, shouldn't it have been applied to the translated account charts
> as well ?

I don’t know why you’d expect a BOND type: There isn’t one. Nor are these individual security accounts, they’re placeholder accounts for containing collections of security accounts. It doesn’t make sense for these placeholders to be of type STOCK or MUTUAL because those types of accounts are supposed to have non-currency commodities and the placeholders need to have currency commodities because that’s what one uses toaggregate security holdings.

Yes, if the same error exists in the other locale’s account templates it should be fixed there too. I didn’t have time yesterday to do that. I’ll work on it tomorrow.

Regards,
John Ralls