Online banking

Paul Tirk paultirk at paultirk.com
Sun Sep 27 14:23:30 EDT 2015

Hello!

I was thinking about adding online banking support for a bank which has
no HBCI (and is not supported by AqBanking). After some time browsing
the source of gnucash and AqBanking I realized that the online banking
functionality of gnucash is tightly coupled to AqBanking which in turn
has a restricted license and it actually doesn't look easy to add
different banks.

Are there plans on a clean online banking API in gnucash which could
enable developers to include different banking protocols? If not I would
be interested in contributing but I have no idea where to start. Could
somebody maybe give me a hint about this?

My idea would be: the current menu entries for online banking are fine,
it would just need a general user/account setup which could allow the
current AqBanking accounts as well as other "plugins/modules" which can
then be triggered as it is working right now with only AqBanking.

I hope I made myself clear and thanks in advance,

Paul