Online banking

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Sun Sep 27 14:55:55 EDT 2015

Hi,

Yes, the GnuCash AqB backend is tied to AqB.  However...

AqBanking is licensed under the GPL, and already has multiple modules that
implement HBCI, OFX, OFX-DC, MT940, CSV, ...

So, why do you feel that you couldn't add a new module to that?

Do you know what online banking protocol your bank supports?  Or do you
have the mistaken impression that it's a website scraper?

-derek

On Sun, September 27, 2015 2:23 pm, Paul Tirk wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I was thinking about adding online banking support for a bank which has
> no HBCI (and is not supported by AqBanking). After some time browsing
> the source of gnucash and AqBanking I realized that the online banking
> functionality of gnucash is tightly coupled to AqBanking which in turn
> has a restricted license and it actually doesn't look easy to add
> different banks.
>
> Are there plans on a clean online banking API in gnucash which could
> enable developers to include different banking protocols? If not I would
> be interested in contributing but I have no idea where to start. Could
> somebody maybe give me a hint about this?
>
> My idea would be: the current menu entries for online banking are fine,
> it would just need a general user/account setup which could allow the
> current AqBanking accounts as well as other "plugins/modules" which can
> then be triggered as it is working right now with only AqBanking.
>
> I hope I made myself clear and thanks in advance,
>
> Paul

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745