Documentation translators: Changed para in ch_oview

Pedro Albuquerque palbuquerque73 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 07:55:11 EDT 2016

Às 11:01 de 09/08/2016, Geert Janssens escreveu:

> On Tuesday 09 August 2016 10:24:30 Pedro Albuquerque wrote:
>
> > Hi Frank, all.
>

> > Yes, there is a reason. *pt_PT* is the country code for Portugal, *pt*
>
> > is the generic code for Portuguese, which means my translation could
>
> > be confused, for example, with Brazilian Portuguese whose country
>
> > code is *pt_BR* but is also Portuguese.
>

> > Let's assume someone in Brasil decides to create their own
>
> > translation, it would be impossible to distinguish between both if we
>
> > were to use only *pt*. It's like *en_US*, *en_AU*, *en_GB*, etc.
>

> Hi Pedro,
>

> Thanks for your feedback. That part is well understood.
>

> However the gnucash policy is to add the country code only when needed.
>

> "when needed" is either of:
>
> - there are different translations for these countries. We only have
> one Portuguese translation, so this is not the case here
>
> - the translation has highly country specific information. This I
> can't judge as I don't know Portuguese, nor whether the contents of
> your translation is specific to Portugal and won't apply (for most
> part) to say Brazil.
>

> Do you judge your translation is highly targeted at Portugal only
> (like specific wordings that are sufficiently different from Brazil,
> or rules that are very local) ?
>

> Note this is no big deal though, just a small inconsistency with the
> other translations.
>

> Regards,
>

> Geert

Hi again.

Sorry if I misunderstood the question.

In terms of translation, of course every Portuguese speaking person will
understand the translation, no matter the country. In technical terms I
wouldn't know how to answer.
So, bottom line, yes I think you can use just *pt*.

Thank you.

Regards,
Pedro.