Master - saving to xml broken

Wm wm_o_o_o at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 3 11:21:18 EST 2016

On 03/12/2016 00:37, John Ralls wrote:

>> On Dec 2, 2016, at 3:02 PM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

>>> Tagging on the end I've just built master and I get
>>> ===
>>> The file /home/wm/Finance/simple2016-12-02.gnucash already exists. Are
>>> you sure you want to overwrite it?
>>> ===
>>> when simple2016-12-02.gnucash is brand new and doesn't exist when saving
>>> as xml
>>>
>>> doing similar but saving as sqlite3 works as expected.
>>
>> I just pushed a fix for that part, now I'm chasing down why it's gone back to saving all of the standard currencies instead of just the ones actually assigned to accounts.
>
> So it looks like restricting the saved currencies just never got ported over to master rather than being a regression. Anyone remember where the change is?

Should have said, I'm testing on a rather unexciting Lubuntu VM
===
Linux Lubuntu64 4.4.0-51-generic #72-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov 24 18:29:54 UTC
2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
===

At the risk of saying something everyone knows the save-as-XML creates
all the commodities in my tests and they appear and disappear with that
format.

Recipe

new file and save as XML => loads of commodities
open same file save as sql3 => expected commodity (just GBP in my case)
save as XML again => loads of currencies

So, although the fix above works as expected (no errors on save), the
commodity enthusiasm is, as far as I can see, directly connected to the
format chosen at save time.

I also think the file format is separate to the business issue.

--
Wm