Patch : editing "Posted" time of transactions.

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Feb 1 10:36:27 EST 2016

> On Feb 1, 2016, at 1:50 AM, gLETTERyYuMEANSj LETTERyOt <gletteryyumeansjletteryot at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear everyone,
>
> Can someone help me, by showing the right Gnucash-compatible way to recover the
> time difference due to the timezone settings at a given UTC date, in
> C++ and in C?
>
> This is blocking any progress from my part :-/

First, think hard about whether you really need that. The gnc_localtime function will fill in the struct tm correctly for the local timezone with the correct DST. That's what the date display functions in gnc-date.h use and you should probably be using them.

If you're sure that you really need the offset, the best you can do in C is to call gnc_localtime and gnc_gmtime with the same time64 and get the difference between the two returned structs tm. It will be corrected for the In C++ you can include gnc-datetime.hpp and construct a GncDateTime from your time64 and call its offset() member function. In both cases the result will be correct for the DST at the time.

Regards,
John Ralls