Patch : editing "Posted" time of transactions.

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Jan 29 10:10:02 EST 2016

> On Jan 29, 2016, at 6:49 AM, Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be> wrote:
>
> On Friday 29 January 2016 14:07:57 gLETTERyYuMEANSj LETTERyOt wrote:
>

> > I have well understood that I should not remove such comments,
> > whatever the reason to above old commit.
> >
> In the old commit the doxygen comments were removed because there were also doxygen comments for the same functions in the header file. Having them in both source and header files results in poor documentation because the comments get appended together. So rule of thumb: only add doxygen comments in the header files. You can add normal comments in the source files if more clarification is needed there.

But make sure that the comments in the header are Doxygen comments: Those start with /**, not /*. Some of the comments you added in the header have only /* so Doxygen will ignore them. Note as well that you don't need to include the function name for Doxygen as long as the comment is immediately before the function declaration or definition.

Commit messages are important: Had the message said that it was removing duplicate comments then I wouldn't have raised the issue. On the other hand I also wouldn't have noticed that you missed the second *.

Regards,
John Ralls