New Account Dialog

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Jul 27 09:35:04 EDT 2016

> On Jul 27, 2016, at 5:12 AM, david.carlson.417 at gmail.com wrote:
>

>    Related to this issue, I think that it is not very clear that there are accounts, currencies and commodities (or securities) in the data and that investment accounts require a unioue combination of all three items.
> There can be (in fact must be )many security accounts for the same security if they are under different broker accounts or in different currencies.
> Then the price table defines the relationship over time of these items.
> Please excuse the sloppy editing.  I am doing this on a tablet.

David,

I think that that's quite well explained in Chapter 8 of the guide, and the new user's problems are largely down to not reading the documentation before diving in.

I agree with to your proposed change to the UI for 2.8, and it should be as you say fairly simple, probably only a Glade change with no code. Please do file a bug so that we remember to do it.

Regards,
John Ralls