Business 'fancy date format'

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Nov 9 09:50:16 EST 2016

> On Nov 9, 2016, at 2:17 AM, Robert Fewell <14ubobit at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> John,
>
> Yes this is master and the reports have been changed. On maint there is an option for 'Fancy Date Format' and the default is what I stated above so your date will be correct.
>
> So to me it looks like the following...
>
> The File/Properties/Business should be showing 'Locale' as the default and remove 'UTC' from the list. (it is not on the list in Preferences/Date)
> (gnc-default-strftime-date-format) should return a format based on 'Locale'
> These reports should test for a valid 'Fancy Date Format', if not, use the default one.
>
> If you agree I will add it to my pull request dealing with the report changes.

Bob,

Saying that the reports had changed got me to look at history, which reminded me that on maint the Fancy Date setting doesn't actually work and that Geert fixed it in master last year. I think his idea was that the user might want to have reports dated in UTC instead of the local time-zone, but I don't remember the reasoning. Perhaps he does. Until he chimes in let's leave it on the list.

Otherwise, yes, test for a setting and use the default if there isn't one.

Regards,
John Ralls