Windows 10 Build Error

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Apr 8 13:34:29 EDT 2017

> On Apr 7, 2017, at 9:58 AM, icybricks <aborns at outlook.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you John -- I'll look into autotools. I'm building because I made some changes to the code in src/gnome/gnc-budget-view.c that I want to try out.

https://autotools.io/ is an excellent and very thorough tutorial.

Note that the Windows build is currently a bit messed up. One of the pre-compiled dependencies (webkit) is built with an older version of a library (pthreadGC2.dll) than the current MinGW supplies. You can either copy it from an installed GnuCash directory or find it in a dll archive.

I'm working on getting webkit recompiled against the new library version (pthreadGC-3.dll) but webkit is always a bear to build and it's not cooperating.

Regards,
John Ralls