Compiling on Fedora25

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Apr 15 04:53:39 EDT 2017

On zaterdag 15 april 2017 10:24:44 CEST Mike Evans wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Finally upgraded to Fedora25 64 bit and trying to compile GnuCash maint.
>
> Having run:
>
> sudo dnf builddep gnucash -y
> sudo dnf install texinfo git intltool libdbi-devel guile-devel doxygen
> webkitgtk-devel -y
>
> Using autotools with
>
> configure --enable-debug --prefix=$HOME/progs/gnucash --enable-debug
> --enable-doxygen --enable-error-on-warning --enable-compile-warnings
>
> I get:
>

> swig-unittest-support-guile.c: In function ‘SWIG_Guile_ConvertPtr’:
> swig-unittest-support-guile.c:895:14: error: implicit declaration of
> function ‘SCM_POINTER_P’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration] } else if
> (SCM_POINTER_P(s)) {
>               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
> swig-unittest-support-guile.c:896:15: error: implicit declaration of
> function ‘SCM_POINTER_VALUE’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
> *result = SCM_POINTER_VALUE(s);
>                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> swig-unittest-support-guile.c:896:13: error: assignment makes pointer from
> integer without a cast [-Werror=int-conversion] *result =
> SCM_POINTER_VALUE(s);
>

> This is with guile (GNU Guile) 2.0.13 from the Fedora repos.
>

> Compiling using cmake I get a different error messages:
>
> In file included from /usr/include/sys/types.h:25:0,
>                  from /home/mikee/Projects/gnucash/src/libqof/qof/md5.c:27:
> /usr/include/features.h:331:4: error: #warning _FORTIFY_SOURCE requires
> compiling with optimization (-O) [-Werror=cpp] #  warning _FORTIFY_SOURCE
> requires compiling with optimization (-O) ^~~~~~~
>
> Any thoughts?

Is this with a clean clone ? My first guess would be the SCM* errors there are
swig generated files left from before the upgrade (and hence generated with an
older version of swig/against guile 1.8).

I don't know about the cmake error.

I'm currently on Fedora 25 still as well. I have recently switched to building
with cmake and ninja instead of cmake/autotools and make. Build times are
greatly reduced with this combination, and perhaps that's why I don't
encounter your cmake error (assuming you are building with make still).

If you're interested, my cmake command is this (run from an empty separate
build directory):
$ cmake -D WITH_PYTHON=ON -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=<install-path> \
    -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug \
    -DWITH_AQBANKING=ON -G Ninja <path-to-gnucash-sources>
$ ninja-build && ninja-build install

Geert