Compiling on Fedora25

Rob Gowin robg at gowin.net
Sat Apr 15 09:32:29 EDT 2017

On Sat, Apr 15, 2017 at 3:24 AM, Mike Evans <mikee at saxicola.co.uk> wrote:

> Compiling using cmake I get a different error messages:
>
> In file included from /usr/include/sys/types.h:25:0,
>                  from /home/mikee/Projects/gnucash/
> src/libqof/qof/md5.c:27:
> /usr/include/features.h:331:4: error: #warning _FORTIFY_SOURCE requires
> compiling with optimization (-O) [-Werror=cpp]
>  #  warning _FORTIFY_SOURCE requires compiling with optimization (-O)
>     ^~~~~~~
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Regards Mike E

Hi Mike,

Looks like I need to backport this commit on master to maint:
https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/992f3232ee90cfcf6484a0fdb4cf506168676a40

In the meantime as a workaround, on line 419 of the top level
CMakeLists.txt file, you can change -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 to
-U_FORTIFY_SOURCE.to continue.

Regards,

Rob