Wiki decision workflow; was: Some Assistance Please

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 10:49:02 EDT 2017

David,

Am 27.04.2017 um 14:01 schrieb David T.:
> Frank,
>
> I don't know what you mean by "ninja status", and I don't
> particularly care, but I do know that without some mechanism for
> resolving disagreements on content, a wiki doesn't really function
> well, since it leaves the resolution of such disagreements to the
> person who is willing to push harder for their way. As far as I have
> seen, GnuCash’s wiki lacks such mechanisms.
>
> David

let me try to describe the current state:

some of us watch almost daily
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Special:RecentChanges
to prevent spam and avoid misleading information.

(That is the place, where your commits didn't appear in the first
quarter year of your activity, so you were almost invisible like a ninja.)

If we are unshure, how to handle a special case, we collect opinions on
irc://irc.gimp.org/gnucash
usually at european evening/american afternoon time.

If a problem is more comlex, we open a bugilla entry to collect the
different aspects.

If we think we need a broader base to find a decision we open a thread
at gnucash-devel if mostly contributors are affected or gnucash-user else.

If I reedit a commit of a serious user, not a spammer, and the reason is
not obvious by my commit, I add a note on the users talk page.

Perhaps I should add the hint "Feel free to open a discussion on the
respective mailing list."

How, do you think, can we improve this?

Frank