cmake failure (was:Re: Source directory restructuring)

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Aug 10 09:09:20 EDT 2017

On donderdag 10 augustus 2017 14:15:24 CEST Aaron Laws wrote:
> I remember getting that error a long time ago, but I don't remember how to
> fix it. I think it has something to do with deleting a generated file and
> having make re-generate it? It seems like we have a generated file in
> version control? Is POTFILES.in generated and version controlled for
> example?

It is, but that's not the problem. However your reply did ring a bell and
here's the issue:
If your build directory is a subdirectory of your source directory make check
will fail because it will falsely believe the built files should be added to
POTFILES.in. Building with ninja-build doesn't exhibit this issue so I assume
it's a make quirk.

The immediate solution is simple: choose a build directory that's not a
subdirectory of your source directory. How to nudge cmake to deal with this
properly may be another matter.

Regards,

Geert