Source directory restructuring complete

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Aug 14 12:57:17 EDT 2017

Hi,

I have just pushed my directory restructuring branch to master as I announced
last week.

IMPORTANT: You should wipe out your existing build/install directory after
pulling this new master. And if you are building in the source tree (which we
don't advise) instead of having a separate build directory, be sure to run
"make distclean" there *BEFORE* pulling this new master.

Then proceed as usual, that is run autogen.sh/configure-with-options/make for
an autotools
based build or cmake-with-options/[make/ninja(-build)] for a cmake based
build.

The new directory structure is roughly as follows:

* data
Non-code items that get installed (like account charts, check formats,
pixmaps)
* libgnucash
The core libraries which define our internal data structures and code to
handle them. This holds the core-utils, gnc-module, engine (including qof),
app-utils and a few smaller ones
* gnucash
The code for the gui application built on top of libgnucash. Here you'll find
the directories gnome, gnome-utils, report, html, import-export,...
* bindings
Currently only the python bindings are here, in the future the guile bindings
should be migrated here as well.
* common
Low level support code, mostly for debugging and testing (debug, test-
core,...)

In the restructuring, the cutecash project has been removed together with the
gtkmm support library.

A few other directories have been eliminated and their content moved to other
locations:
- src/bin -> gnucash (no more separate subdirectory)
- src/optional: the python-bindings subdirectory has been moved to bindings,
the only other subdir was gtkmm which has been dropped
- src/plugins: the two real "plugins' in there were in fact import modules, so
they have been moved to import-export. The example subdirectory (which is
never built) is now a subdirectory of libgnucash/gnc-module

Please report any problems you may experience with this new work.

Regards,

Geert