Source directory restructuring complete

Sumit Bhardwaj bhardwajs at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 02:22:04 EDT 2017

Hi Geert,

Pulled master and tried to build using autotoosls. As per your suggestion,
I built in ../build_gnucash which is parallel to the top-level gnucash
directory.

make succeeded.
make install succeeded as well.
make check failed with 3 tests - error message below. Is this a known
problem?

I haven't tried building using cmake. My system configuration is also below
(Fedora 26).

Thanks,
Sumit

System config:
----------------------
 gnucash version ...... : 2.6.99
 Build for host ....... : x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
 Optional components... :  dbi
 Extra Warnings ....... :  -Werror -Wdeclaration-after-statement
-Wno-pointer-sign -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 CPPFLAGS ............. :
 CFLAGS ............... : -g -O2 -std=gnu11
 CXXFLAGS ............. : -g -O2
 LDFLAGS .............. :
 prefix................ : /usr/local

Test error
mkdir -p  gnucash/engine/test
( cd gnucash/engine/test; for A in test-extras.scm ; do ln -s -f
/home/bhardwajs/ac/devel/build_gnucash/../gnucash/libgnucash/engine/t
est/$A . ; done )
touch .scm-links
echo 'export GNC_BUILDDIR="/home/bhardwajs/ac/devel/build_gnucash";' >
test-test-extras
echo 'export GNC_UNINSTALLED=yes;' >> test-test-extras
echo '/home/bhardwajs/ac/devel/build_gnucash/gnc-guile --debug -l
../../../../gnucash/libgnucash/engine/test/test-test-extras.scm -c "
(exit (run-test))"' >> test-test-extras
chmod a+x test-test-extras
FAIL: test-test-extras
echo 'export GNC_BUILDDIR="/home/bhardwajs/ac/devel/build_gnucash";' >
test-account
echo 'export GNC_UNINSTALLED=yes;' >> test-account
echo '/home/bhardwajs/ac/devel/build_gnucash/gnc-guile --debug -l
../../../../gnucash/libgnucash/engine/test/test-account.scm -c "(exi
t (run-test))"' >> test-account
chmod a+x test-account
FAIL: test-account
echo 'export GNC_BUILDDIR="/home/bhardwajs/ac/devel/build_gnucash";' >
test-split
echo 'export GNC_UNINSTALLED=yes;' >> test-split
echo '/home/bhardwajs/ac/devel/build_gnucash/gnc-guile --debug -l
../../../../gnucash/libgnucash/engine/test/test-split.scm -c "(exit
(run-test))"' >> test-split
chmod a+x test-split
FAIL: test-split
Testsuite summary for GnuCash 2.6.99