Gtk3 master

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Aug 31 12:11:53 EDT 2017

On donderdag 31 augustus 2017 16:17:20 CEST Aaron Laws wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 9:51 AM, Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be>
> wrote:
> > I meant to add still, if we want to keep guile 1.8 support, the
> > FIND_PACKAGE(GUILE_EXECUTABLE...) rules should move up inside the
> > branches of
> > the GUILE2 vs GUILE1 test.
> > For GUILE2 it can remain
> > FIND_PROGRAM (GUILE_EXECUTABLE guile2.0 guile)
> > IF (NOT GUILE_EXECUTABLE)
> >
> >   MESSAGE (SEND_ERROR "The guile executable was not found, but is
> >   required.
> >
> > Please set GUILE_EXECUTABLE.")
> > ENDIF (NOT GUILE_EXECUTABLE)
> >
> > For guile 1.8 it should become
> > FIND_PROGRAM (GUILE_EXECUTABLE guile1.8 guile)
> > IF (NOT GUILE_EXECUTABLE)
> >
> >   MESSAGE (SEND_ERROR "The guile executable was not found, but is
> >   required.
> >
> > Please set GUILE_EXECUTABLE.")
> > ENDIF (NOT GUILE_EXECUTABLE)
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Geert
>
> I don't have guile 1. guile --version; returns "2.2.2" and guile2.0
> --version; returns "2.0.14".

Yes, distributions shift this all the time...

I'm still on Fedora 25 which has guile (being 2.0.13) and guile1.8 (being
1.8.8)

While checking these version numbers I saw the copyright notice on guile 1.8
was last updated in 2008(!) and guile 2.0 in 2016. I think it's fair to state
guile 1.8 is getting rather outdated and I'll keep my vote to stop supporting
it ASAP :)

Geert