gnucash.org vs. lists.gnucash.org [was: GnuCash Draft Concept Guide, or, Whose WIki Is This, Anyway?]

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Dec 1 22:59:22 EST 2017

> On Dec 1, 2017, at 8:25 AM, D via gnucash-devel <gnucash-devel at gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> Certainly. I've just used what my mail program puts in.
>
> On December 1, 2017, at 8:31 PM, Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be> wrote:
>
> Oh, David,
>
> Completely unrelated to this discussion... Can you use gnucash-
> devel at gnucash.org in the future as mail address for the list rather than
> gnucash-devel at lists.gnucash.org ?
>
> While both work the one without "list" in the domain is the one the list
> manager itself promotes. When I do a reply-all on mails sent to gnucash-
> devel at lists.gnucash.org, my mailer automatically adds both addresses which
> would make the list receive my message twice. I usually try to catch this
> before I send the mails, but as with my previous mail I do miss it from time
> to time...

I've got a better and even weirder reason to prefer gnucash-devel at gnucash.org: When I send mail to gnucash-devel at lists.gnucash.org and route the mail through comcast.net (my ISP) the mail bounces because the terminal comcast
mail server won't talk to lists.gnucash.org. It's perfectly happy to talk to gnucash.org even though it's the same computer (the one we fondly refer to as "code"). That means I always have to check the CC when I reply-all to make sure it's the right address.

Regards,
John Ralls