Recent lib changes

Robert Fewell 14ubobit at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 07:10:50 EST 2017

Hi,

I see there have been a lot of changes regarding lib directories and I am
wondering if the overall effect is I should be able to compile/build just
like I used to with out changing any thing because I can't.

The first problem is that I build on Gentoo and occasionally try to build
from a local package / ebuild and as part of this scanelf is used which is
now reporting a possible security problem with DT_RUNPATH

Prior to the changes it showed RPATH to be /usr/lib:/usr/lib/gnucash but
now it is /usr/lib64:lib64/gnucash. I can fix this by changing line 501 of
CMakeLists.txt to the following...

  SET(CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH "${CMAKE_INSTALL_FULL_LIBDIR}:
${CMAKE_INSTALL_FULL_LIBDIR}/gnucash")

If it is just Gentoo specific, I will just patch it locally.

The main problem is that it will not run because it can not find the
gnc-modules, after some poking around, the enviroment file is not being
found and so does not set GNC_MODULE_PATH.

In gnc-enviroment.c, line 197,  gnc_path_get_pkgsysconfdir returns
/usr/etc/gnucash which comes from binreloc.c, line 606, with prefix being
/usr

The strange thing is that I get the same values for before these changes
were made, was this ever correct ?

How to fix ?

Regards,

Bob