GnuCash wiki error on reCAPTCHA

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 17:21:32 EST 2017

I'm trying to update the Ubuntu page at wiki.gnucash.org that I have
updated in the past. It's been months since I've been logged in, so I just
logged in anew.

I made the change to the page, which includes a new URL, so I get the
reCAPTCHA.

When I enter the CAPTCHA text I get a blank page containing the error

"Could not open socket"

I have tried Firefox and Chromium, both with the same result.

Various web searches imply the error is due to a network issue between the
wiki server and the captcha server, but the problem has persisted for more
than a half hour.

Is the problem affecting other folks, too, or am I missing something?