gnucash master: Multiple changes pushed

Alex Aycinena alex.aycinena at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 19:35:02 EST 2017

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 10:03 AM, Geert Janssens <gjanssens at code.gnucash.org>
wrote:

> Updated  via  https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/659c96eb (commit)
>          via  https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/4fdacb9b (commit)
>          via  https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/0a8d7a21 (commit)
>         from  https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/aeb04e1d (commit)
>

> commit 659c96eb1bb8c6cc4a4eab6de0b2ee3f82bd50af
> Author: Geert Janssens <geert at kobaltwit.be>
> Date:   Thu Feb 2 18:48:15 2017 +0100
>
>     Optionally locate boost via environment variable BOOST_ROOT
>
>     This was already the case for our autotools based build
>     and simplifies the build setup for our Windows build system.
>
> commit 4fdacb9b2a614c62ee8c03e2035a1cb800417bcf
> Author: Geert Janssens <geert at kobaltwit.be>
> Date:   Thu Feb 2 18:31:54 2017 +0100
>
>     Fix building gtest library on mingw
>
>     See https://github.com/google/googletest/issues/893
>
> commit 0a8d7a2142419c9494bf40324936a31b380d2161
> Author: Geert Janssens <geert at kobaltwit.be>
> Date:   Thu Feb 2 17:20:39 2017 +0100
>
>     Make google test framework a mandatory build dependency
>
>     All c++ unit tests will be written with it, and testing
>     should be possible out of the box.
>     We could make it optional, but then lots of tests will
>     be skipped. This creates an illusion of all tests passing
>     while many are simply not run. This confusion should be
>     avoided.
>     This change depends on a second commit for the windows build
>     in the gnucash-on-windows repository. This commit will be
>     pushed at the same time.
>

> Summary of changes:
>  CMakeLists.txt                     |   9 +-
>  configure.ac                       | 197 +++++++++++++++++++-----------
> -------
>  src/cmake_modules/GncAddTest.cmake |  66 +++++++------
>  src/engine/test/Makefile.am        |   2 -
>  src/libqof/qof/test/CMakeLists.txt |  89 ++++++++---------
>  src/libqof/qof/test/Makefile.am    |   2 -
>  src/test-core/CMakeLists.txt       |  22 ++---
>  src/test-core/Makefile.am          |   2 -

Geert,

I build on Fedora 25 and after this commit configure fails with:

checking for main in -lgtest_main... no
checking for /usr/src/gtest/src/gtest-all.cc... no
checking for /usr/src/gtest/gtest-main.cc... no
checking for /usr/src/gmock/src/gmock-all.cc... no
checking for /usr/include/gtest/gtest.h... no
checking for /usr/include/gmock/gmock.h... no
checking whether Google Test is available... No gtest-root
No gmock-root
configure: error:

 Unable to find the Google test framework. Either install gtest/gmock
 packages or point to the base directories of the sources using
 GTEST_ROOT and GMOCK_ROOT environment variables.

I install gtest and gmock and get the same failure. I believe you build on
Fedora 25 as well. Can you (or anyone else) give me some guidance as to
what I need to do to successfully configure, make and make check after this
commit after having installed the packages?

Thanks,

Alex